Popcorn with “Herbs and Spices” Sprinkle
Corn is one of the cornerstones of the healthy Central American diet along with beans and pumpkin.
Popping the dried seed results in a wholegrain food that is full of fibre and minerals. Popcorn can be a healthy snack depending what is added to it.
Here we have used mixtures with French sea salt, coconut nectar sugar, herbs and spices.
By Ceri, ZENXIN Master Chef
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Total: 20 mins
- Serves: 4-6
- 2 tbsp Simply Natural Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Organic Popcorn Kernels
- 2 tbsp Simply Natural Organic Coconut Nectar Sugar Powder
- 2 tsp Simply Natural Organic Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt
- Choose a heat source that is able to maintain a stable temp.
- Select a heavy bottomed saucepan and add 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Add 4 kernels of popcorn and begin to heat to the correct temperature.
- Once the kernels pop, the oil is at the right temperature, remove from heat.
- Quickly add the rest of the popcorn and shake the pan to coat them with oil.
- Replace on the heat source and wait for the rest of the corn to pop.
- When the popping stops, take all the popped corn out and place in a large bowl.
- Immediately sprinkle 2 heaped teaspoonfuls over the popcorn while it is still hot.
- Distribute evenly stirring through the popcorn and enjoy!