Healthy Organic Coleslaw
This coleslaw is packed with fresh organic vegetables such as english cabbage, carrots, celery and is full of fibre!
Two other organic fruit ingredients are organic lemon and apples. Organic apples are packed full of beneficial antioxidants while lemons, known for their vitamin C content, has an alkalising effect on the body and acts as a natural diuretic to flush out accumulated toxins.
Substitute a live cultured yoghurt or kefir dressing for mayonnaise and the dish becomes an excellent boost for immune health!
By Ceri, ZENXIN Master Chef
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Chilling time: 30 mins
- Total: 45 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- 3 tbs organic lemon juice + a little extra for coating the apple slices
- 1 cup organic Greek yoghurt with live cultures or live organic kefir
- 1 tbs ‘Simply Natural’ organic apple cider
- 1 tbs organic raw honey
- 1 tsp ‘Simply Natural’ organic salad seasoning
- 400g finely sliced organic English cabbage
- 200g grated organic Australian carrots
- 1 thinly sliced organic ‘Dazzle’ apple
- 1 stick of organic celery, thinly sliced
- Wash the organic lemons & press out the juice.
- Mix together yoghurt, lemon juice, apple cider, raw honey & seasoning.
- Wash cabbage, remove stalk and any damaged outer leaves.
- Using a mandolin, finely slice the cabbage.
- Wash, top & tail the carrots and grate them.
- Wash & thinly slice the celery, using the mandolin.
- Wash, core & thinly slice the apple using the mandolin and coat with lemon juice.
- Add together the fruit & vegetables & pour over dressing.
- Mix and leave to chill for at least 30 mins.
N.B. For those sensitive to goitrogens, don’t eat raw cabbage too often.