“Kacha Kacha” Apple Snack
A healthy snack option that is great for kids!
Easy to prepare, this dehydrated apple snack rich in natural apple aroma, without added sugar, is an excellent alternative to other fat or additive laden crackers, chips or sweets. The crispy bite is addictive.
By Si Hui, ZENXIN R&D Executive
- Preparation: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 2 hours
- Total: 3 hours
- Serves: 2-3
- 4 medium Organic Dazzle apples
- 1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 big bowl of filtered water
- Wash the apple
- Add the himalyan rock salt into the water, mix well
- Slice the apple into very thin slices (around 3-4mm)
- Soak the apple slices in salt water to avoid browning oxidation
- Remove the water, use kitchen towels to remove any surface moisture on apple slices
- Place apple slices on baking paper, nicely spaced
- Bake at 100℃ for 2 – 2.5 hours
- Remove the dehydrated apple from the oven, it becomes crispy when cooled.