christmas energy bites
Whether you are out and about this holiday season or staying in, these Christmas Energy Bites are the perfect snack to give you an extra energy boost to get through the season. These quick and easy, no-bake wonders are perfect for vegans, and the good news is, they are kid and toddler approved!
Made from the Siwa dates that provide the chewy texture and act as an excellent natural sweetener, this healthy treat with 4 different toppings are pretty enough for an edible Christmas gift or served as a dessert spread during the Christmas feast.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- Serves: Approximately 16 servings
- 1 cup of Organic Pitted Siwa Dates
- 2 tablespoons of ABC Nut Butter/ Almond Nut Butter
- ⅓ cups of Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons of Organic Chia Seeds
- A pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- Organic Desiccated Coconuts
- Natural Whole Dried Cranberries
- Organic Mulberry Matcha Powder (optional)
- Organic Cocoa Powder (optional)
- Organic Hibiscus Powder
- Place the dates, nut butter, quick rolled oats, chia seeds, and salt into a food processor, blend until a soft dough is formed, which takes about a minute.
- Add one tablespoon of the water at a time if the texture of the dough is too crumbly, until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Pour the dough into a bowl.
- Scoop one tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a smooth ball shape using your hands. (Get your children to help at this stage!)
- Roll the balls in your favorite topping (desiccated coconuts/ mulberry matcha/ cocoa/ hibiscus powder) on a plate.
- Place the balls in an airtight container and freeze for about 2 hours. They can be kept for up to 5 days.
- When it’s time to eat, mmm… Yummy!