Snow Fungus Apple Dessert
Try this Chinese style sweet soup that is beneficial for maintaining youthful and healthy skin.
This snow fungus apple dessert is most commonly seen during the festive season such as Chinese New Year, as symbolic of a sweet blessing to a new beginning!
Snow fungus (also named as white fungus) has an aromatic fragrance and soft texture. Red dates and goji berries are found to have rich antioxidants, health tonic and blood nourishing properties, suitable for those with weak “qi”.
Organic Dazzle apples have a snow-white flesh, with an amazing sweetness and crunchiness.
By Si Hui, ZENXIN R&D Executive
- Preparation: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total: 2 hours
- Serves: 10 – 12
- 2 medium Simply Natural Organic Dazzle Apples
- ½ pcs Simply Natural Organic White Fungus
- 8 pcs Simply Natural Organic Red Dates
- 2 tbsp Simply Natural Organic Goji Berries
- 120g Simply Natural Organic Cane Sugar
- 2900 ml filtered water
- Wash and soak white fungus in water for 1 hour before using
- Cut the red dates in half and remove seeds
- Remove the root of the soaked white fungus and tear into small pieces
- Put the white fungus and red dates into a pot, add water
- Cover and bring to a boil for 10 mins
- Turn into small heat, cook for 40 mins until the white fungus is soft and the dessert becomes slightly viscous, remove the bubbles on the surface
- Add chopped apple and goji berries, continue cooking for another 10 mins then turn off the heat.
- Enjoy the dessert warm or chilled. Leftovers can be refrigerated but best consumed within 3 days.
TIP: Chop apple just before adding to avoid browning oxidation; overcooked goji berries will bring a mashed texture and sour taste to dessert.