Apple Goji Chia Smoothie
And so they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Even better if they are organic apples.
For this particular recipe, we have specially chosen Granny Smith apples as they are not only lower in sugar, but also higher in pectin, a soluble fibre which acts as a prebiotic to improve gut health.
This smoothie also uses goji, which supports kidney, liver and lung health, and are a great addition to boost the whole immune system.
To give a longer lasting fullness, chia seeds are added for protein and it comes with all nine essential amino acids and contributes to heart health.
By Ceri, ZENXIN Master Chef
COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
- 1 tbsp Simply Natural Organic chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Simply Natural Organic goji berries
- Juice of 1 ZENXIN Organic lemon
- 3 ZENXIN Organic Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp Simply Natural Organic raw acacia honey
- Top up with filtered water to the 1 litre mark (~1 cup)
- 1 cup organic kefir
- Soak the chia seeds and the goji berries separately in filtered water for at least 20 mins.
- Squeeze the juice from the organic lemon.
- Wash, quarter and core the organic apples and place in the blender.
- Add the lemon juice to slow down oxidation. Add the kefir, soaked chia, goji berries and honey.
- Top up with filtered water.
- Blend on the whole juice setting and serve immediately.
Tip: Consume immediately to receive full benefits of this drink.